categories - Category Theory list
* meeting on Applied Category Theory
@ 2017-04-05 18:54 John Baez
From: John Baez @ 2017-04-05 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Category Theorists -

The American Mathematical Society is having a meeting at
U. C. Riverside on November 4th-5th (Saturday and Sunday),
2017.  I'm organizing a session on Applied Category Theory,
and I'm looking for people to give talks.

The goal is to talk about applications, not within pure math or
fundamental physics, but to other branches of science and
engineering - especially those where the use of category theory
is not already well-established.  For example, my students and
I have been applying category theory to chemistry, electrical engineering,
control theory and Markov processes.

Alas, we have no funds for travel and lodging.  If you're interested
in giving a talk, please submit an abstract here:

http://www.ams.org/meetings/abstracts/abstracts

More precisely, please read the information there and then click on
the link in blue to submit an abstract.  It should then magically fly
through cyberspace to me!   Abstracts are due September 12th.

For the program of the whole conference, go here:

http://www.ams.org/meetings/sectional/2243_special.html

We'll be having some interesting plenary talks:

Paul Balmer, UCLA, An invitation to tensor-triangular geometry.

Pavel Etingof, MIT, Double affine Hecke algebras and their applications.

Monica Vazirani, U.C. Davis, Combinatorics, categorification, and crystals.

Best,
John Baez

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-04-05 18:54 UTC | newest]