categories - Category Theory list
* Is there a name for this?
@ 2017-06-15 14:58 Harley D. Eades III
From: Harley D. Eades III @ 2017-06-15 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, everyone.

Take associativity away from the definition of a monoidal
category.  So we have a bi-functor, tensor, and the unitors,
but nothing else.

Is there a name for this?

Of course, when we remove the associator, then we no longer
have the diagrams.

I have been thinking that maybe a magma category would work
which only has the tensor product, and a magma category
with units would add the unitors back in, etc.

I’m sure someone has a name for this already, though.

Thanks,
Harley

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-06-15 14:58 UTC | newest]