categories - Category Theory list
* Functors arising from a relational Grothendieck construction
@ 2017-06-12  9:37 Luc Pellissier
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Luc Pellissier @ 2017-06-12  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Category Theorists,

with my adviser Damiano Mazza and his other student Pierre Vial, we are looking
for a name – or even better, a reference – for the following kind of functors:

Let C and B be two categories, F : C ---> D a functor satisfying, for all
morphisms f:c -> c' in C:
- if Ff = g \circ h, then there exists two morphisms k,l such that
  + f = k \circ l
  + Fk = g
  + Fl = h
- if Ff = id_a for a certain object a, then f itself is an identity.

These functors arise when applying the Grothendieck construction to relational
presheaves: P : B ---> Rel. Indeed, the category of relational presheaves on B
is equivalent (through the Grothendieck construction) to a category whose
objects are such functors over B.

If anyone could point us in a right direction, it would be much appreciated.

Best,

— Luc