categories - Category Theory list
* Mea culpa
@ 2017-08-09 20:32 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2017-08-09 20:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list" <Categories list>

As I was preparing a paper based on the talk I gave in Vancouver on a
simplicial acyclic models theorem, I realized that the argument I gave was
flawed.  I had asserted that a certain square commuted by naturality.
Suffice it to say it didn't.  The result, which I have examined very
closely in the special case of a standard resolution by a cotriple, just
does not seem true.  The problem comes from the commuting of s^0.  It
might seem that that means only failure of commutation with s^0, but that
is the base of an induction and I must conclude that none of degeneracies
work.  Thus I have not advanced in any way on Kleisli's 1974 paper which
is an acyclic models theorem for semi-simplicial complexes.

Given that there were at least two talks on duality at the meeting, what I
should have spoken on was my paper on Topological *-autonomous categories,
revisited.  It can be found on my web site http://www.math.mcgill.ca/barr/
as the most recent paper. It corrects, fills in the gaps of and adds some
new material to my 2006 paper found in TAC, 2006.

Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-08-09 20:32 UTC | newest]