categories - Category Theory list
* Categories with specified pullbacks
@ 2017-08-31  2:57 David Roberts
From: David Roberts @ 2017-08-31  2:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories@mta.ca list

Dear all,

I'm trying to track down a paper I once saw that I recall constructed,
from a category with pullbacks, an equivalent category with
*specified* pullbacks. I don't believe there was any strictness, in
the sense that pulling back along fg was the same as the result of
pulling back along one then the other. The feature I'm interested in
is that I think that this construction required no global choice,
except for one direction of the equivalence, which for me is no big
deal. I may have misremembered this last bit, so I need to check the
paper.

Thanks,

David

--
David Roberts
http://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/David+Roberts

* Re: Categories with specified pullbacks
       [not found] ` <7D2543EA-EF6C-49A3-90F8-E20AE9B130E8@seas.upenn.edu>
@ 2017-09-05  1:18   ` David Roberts
From: David Roberts @ 2017-09-05  1:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Freyd; +Cc: categories@mta.ca list

Dear Peter,

Would you (or others on the list) happen to have an electronic copy of
"On canonizing category theory or on functorializing model theory"? A
document such as this (even cited in the Elephant!) should be more
widely available, I think. Even if subsumed by Categories, Allegories
it is of historical interest.

Thanks,

David