categories - Category Theory list
* Thanks for the post card
@ 2017-11-24 19:08 Dana Scott
From: Dana Scott @ 2017-11-24 19:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

[Note from moderator: apologies to Bill that his message was garbled in
some mail readers, and thanks to Dana for clean-up]

Re CT 2017 Vancouver

Dear colleagues and friends,

Yesterday I received from Canada Post a large post card
(40 cm x 55 cm) which has travelled from Vancouver as a
'small packet'. It is filled with good wishes, many
signatures and thoughts on mathematics, that express
so much friendship. Enclosed was  a copy of the group
photo of the participants with some smiling faces.
This beautiful surprise has made me very happy.

Thank you all. Hope to see you next year in the Azores.
The many young people whom I don't yet know, I hope
to meet there.

I thank my friend Lauchie MacDonald for organizing
this successful conference.

Best wishes,
Bill Lawvere

[DSS: I cleaned up Bill's message for readability.]

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-11-24 19:08 UTC | newest]