categories - Category Theory list
* A New Preprint
@ 2017-11-27 15:40 Amir Tabatabai
From: Amir Tabatabai @ 2017-11-27 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear All,

I have recently posted my new preprint "Geometric Modality and Weak
Exponentials" on arxiv whose link is attached in the following.
Corrections, comments and suggestions are all welcome.

https://arxiv.org/abs/1711.01736

Abstract:

The intuitionistic implication and hence the notion of function space in
constructive disciplines is both non-geometric and impredicative. In this
paper we try to solve both of these problems by first introducing weak
exponential objects as a formalization for predicative function spaces and
then by proposing modal spaces as a way to introduce a natural family of
geometric predicative implications based on the interplay between the
concepts of time and space. This combination then leads to a brand new
family of modal propositional logics with predicative implications and then
to topological semantics for these logics and some weak modal and
sub-intuitionistic logics, as well. Finally, we will lift these notions and
the corresponding relations to a higher and more structured level of modal
topoi and modal type theory.

Best wishes,
Amir.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-11-27 15:40 UTC | newest]