categories - Category Theory list
* call for feedback: a categorical approach to game semantics
@ 2017-11-28 20:17 Tom Hirschowitz
From: Tom Hirschowitz @ 2017-11-28 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear categorists,

Clovis Eberhart and I just uploaded a new preprint, on which we'd be
eager to read your constructive comments.

https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01634162/document

What's in a game? A theory of game models

Abstract: Game semantics is a rich and successful class of denotational
models for programming languages. Most game models feature a rather
intuitive setup, yet surprisingly difficult proofs of such basic results
as associativity of composition of strategies. We set out to unify these
models into a basic abstract framework for game semantics, game
settings. Our main contribution is the generic construction, for any
game setting, of a category of games and strategies. Furthermore, we
extend the framework to deal with innocence, and prove that innocent
strategies form a subcategory. We finally show that our constructions
cover many concrete cases, mainly among the early models and the very
recent sheaf-based ones.

Best wishes,
Tom

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-11-28 20:17 UTC | newest]