categories - Category Theory list
* Retracts of contractible simplicial sets
@ 2018-03-10  1:28 Michael Barr
From: Michael Barr @ 2018-03-10  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories list" <Categories list>

I sent this earlier and it somehow disappeared.  Does anyone know if a
retract of a contractible augmented simplicial set is contractible?
Since I first tried to post this question, John Kennison has provided a
counter-example, but I would still like to know if this fact is generally
known.  There is an obvious attempt and it satisfies all the required
simplicial identities except one: tt = s^0t where t is the attempted
contraction.  I posted this question on MathOverflow and got zero

Michael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-03-10  1:28 UTC | newest]