categories - Category Theory list
* Announcing Compositionality
@ 2018-05-06 13:58 John Baez
From: John Baez @ 2018-05-06 13:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

We are pleased to announce the launch of Compositionality,
a new diamond open-access journal for research using
compositional ideas, most notably of a category-theoretic
origin, in any discipline.  Topics may concern foundational
structures, an organizing principle, or a powerful tool.  Example
areas include but are not limited to: computation, logic, physics,
chemistry, engineering, linguistics, and cognition.  To learn
more about the scope and editorial policies of the journal,
please visit our website at www.compositionality-journal.org.

Compositionality is the culmination of a long-running
discussion by many members of the extended category
theory community, and the editorial policies, look, and mission
of the journal have yet to be finalized.  We would love to get
your feedback about our ideas on the forum we have
established for this purpose:

http://reddit.com/r/compositionality

Lastly, the journal is currently receiving applications to serve on
the editorial board; submissions are due May 31 and will be
evaluated by the members of our steering board: John Baez,
Bob Coecke, Kathryn Hess, Steve Lack, and Valeria de Paiva.

https://tinyurl.com/call-for-editors

We will announce a call for submissions in mid-June.

We're looking forward to your ideas and submissions!

Best regards,
Brendan Fong, Nina Otter, and Joshua Tan

http://www.compositionality-journal.org/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-05-06 13:58 UTC | newest]