categories - Category Theory list
* Re: characterization of flp endofucntors on Set?
       [not found] <8C57894C7413F04A98DDF5629FEC90B147A54657@Pli.gst.uqam.ca>
@ 2018-10-24 10:56 ` Thomas Streicher
From: Thomas Streicher @ 2018-10-24 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joyal, André; +Cc: Richard Garner, categories

Dear Andr'e,

I think we can't do better than exhibiting Hom(L,-) as the directed
colimit of the Set(X,-) indexed by f : L -> X.

> I have a question regarding certain finite limit preserving functors Set-->Set.
>
> If L is a locale, then the functor Hom(L,-):Set-->Set preserves finite limits,
> where  Hom(L,X) denotes the set of  morphisms of locales L-->X for a discrete locale X.
> Is there is a simple characterization of these flp functors?

I think I should reveil the background of my question. Look at p.7 of my
https://www2.mathematik.tu-darmstadt.de/~streicher/FIBR/UniGround.pdf
for formulations of my conditions Tr1-Tr3. I think Hom(L,-) validates
(Tr1) and (Tr2) but presumably not (Tr3) (for EE = SS =Set).

I am looking for a functor F : Set->Set validating all 3 conditions
but not being equivalent to Id_Set.
Butmaybe there is none?

Best, Thomas

* Re: characterization of flp endofucntors on Set?
@ 2018-10-23 16:24   ` Joyal, André

From: Thomas Streicher @ 2018-10-23  8:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Richard Garner; +Cc: categories

       [not found] ` <1540252689.3296447.1551069960.4BC0C607@webmail.messagingengine.com>
@ 2018-10-23  0:01   ` Richard Garner
From: Richard Garner @ 2018-10-23  0:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Streicher, categories

To be clear: by "subdirect product" I mean "reduced product by a filter"
and in this case all the sets are the same so I suppose I should really
say "reduced power".

       [not found] <8064398f1cab41cca1233e5714fbf6dc@ME2PR01MB2756.ausprd01.prod.outlook.com>
@ 2018-10-22 23:58 ` Richard Garner
       [not found] ` <1540252689.3296447.1551069960.4BC0C607@webmail.messagingengine.com>