categories - Category Theory list
* Categorical Probability and Statistics: final call for participation
@ 2020-06-01 19:51 Tobias Fritz
From: Tobias Fritz @ 2020-06-01 19:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Categorists,

this is the final call for participation in the workshop

 	Categorical Probability and Statistics, June 5-8, online.

The goal is to provide a platform for exchange of results and ideas
between the various communities who pursue categorical approaches to
probability and statistics. The talks will be hosted on Zoom and
accompanied by discussions in a chat forum. Please register with us by
email at tfritz@pitp.ca in order to receive the relevant links.

The final schedule of the talks is available at

 	http://perimeterinstitute.ca/personal/tfritz/2019/cps_workshop/schedule.html

Our speakers come from a range of backgrounds, including category
theory, computer science, statistics, as well as noncommutative and
quantum probability:

 	* Malte Gerhold
 	* Bart Jacobs
 	* Hông Vân Lê
 	* Peter McCullagh
 	* Annabelle McIver
 	* Prakash Panangaden
 	* Evan Patterson
 	* Arthur Parzygnat
 	* Paolo Perrone
 	* Eigil Fjeldgren Rischel
 	* Alex Simpson
 	* Robert W. Spekkens
 	* Bas Spitters
 	* David Spivak
 	* Sam Staton

As an introduction to the subject itself, we're happy to also provide
the following video tutorials:

 	* Paolo Perrone: What is a probability monad?
 	* Sam Staton: Probabilistic programming: a categorical tutorial
 	* Christine Tasson: Probabilistic programming and semantics

Two of these are already available at

 	https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaILTSnVfqtIebAXFOcee9MvAyBwhIMyr

and we plan to add the third one there soon.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop!

Best regards,
Tobias Fritz, Rory Lucyshyn-Wright, and Paolo Perrone

only message in thread, other threads:[~2020-06-01 19:51 UTC | newest]