categories - Category Theory list
* Discrete fibrations vs. functors into Set
@ 2020-12-02 13:53 Uwe Egbert Wolter
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Uwe Egbert Wolter @ 2020-12-02 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories list

Dear all,

We consider two categories. The first category with objects given by a
small category B and a functor F:B->Set and morphisms
(H,alpha):(B,F)->(C,G) given by a functor H:B->C and a natural
transformation alpha:F=>H;G. The second category has as objects discrete
fibrations p:E->B and morphisms (H,phi):(E,p)->(D,q:D->C) are given by
functors H:B->C and phi:E->D such that phi;q=p;H.

1. Are there any "standard" terms and notations for these categories?
2. For both categories we do have projection functors into Cat! Are
these functors kind of (op)fibrations?
3. We know that the Grothendieck construction establishes equivalences
between corresponding fibers of the two projection functors into Cat. Do
these fiber-wise equivalences extend to an equivalence between the two
categories?

Thanks

Uwe

* Re: Discrete fibrations vs. functors into Set
@ 2020-12-04 15:42 Walter P Tholen
From: Walter P Tholen @ 2020-12-04 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

In a non-discrete setting these categories and questions have been
considered in part in our recent paper on ???Diagrams, fibrations, and the
decomposition of colimits??? with George Peschke:
arXiv:2006.10890v1[math.CT]
Among other things, the paper extends results obtained by Rene??? Guitart
who considered categories of diagrams in some of his papers in the Cahiers
of the early 1970s.

Regards,
Walter

From: Uwe Egbert Wolter <Uwe.Wolter@uib.no>
Date: December 2, 2020 at 9:37:06 PM EST
To: categories list <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: categories: Discrete fibrations vs. functors into Set

[...]

---1530486996-297531643-1607096310=:1789--