categories - Category Theory list
* CT20->21 First Announcement
@ 2021-03-02 16:50 Giuseppe Rosolini
From: Giuseppe Rosolini @ 2021-03-02 16:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

[Note from moderator: Apologies to the organizers for the previous post
with incorrect provenance. The important subject deserves a correct
posting!!]

The next International Category Theory Meeting will take place in Genoa and online, from Monday 30 August to Saturday 4 September 2021.

The talks will be available online for all the participants, and, if the local conditions allow it, the event will be held on site at DIMA, UniGe (Department of Mathematics, University of Genoa), in via Dodecaneso 35, Genoa, Italy.

One year ago the first announcement of Category Theory 2020 was distributed, but that conference could not take place, due to the pandemic worldwide.  So we decided to name the forthcoming conference "CT20->21" as it gathers the 2020 and 2021 editions.

Contributions in all aspects of Category Theory are welcome and we especially encourage researchers to submit works on its applications as well as on its foundations.

At the moment the website
https://sites.google.com/view/ct2021
contains only basic information, and will be updated as soon as details become available, especially monitoring the local conditions.

Submission for abstracts of talks will open on 1 April, through EasyChair.  The deadline for submitting an abstract is 15 May.  We encourage prospective contributors to submit their abstract as soon as they can, because submissions will be handled continuously as they come.   Abstract acceptance will be communicated by 30 June at the latest.

Registration will open on 20 April.  Detailed information on registration fees and options will be made available on the conference website in due time.

CT20->21 SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE

Maria M. Clementino, Marcelo Fiore, Nicola Gambino, Steve Lack, Rory Lucyshyn-Wright, Sandra Mantovani, Matías Menni (chair), Christina Vasilakopoulou

KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

Mai Gehrke - LJAD, Université Côte d’Azur, Nice, France
Marino Gran - Université catholique de Louvain, Belgium
Nick Gurski - Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, USA
Peter Johnstone - University of Cambridge, UK
Angus Macintyre - Queen Mary, University of London, UK
Walter Tholen - York University, Toronto, Canada

To request any specific information please write to
info.ct2021@gmail.com.

We look forward to seeing you in Genoa, either in person or in video!

ORGANIZING COMMITTEE
Sandra Mantovani, Giuseppe Metere, Eugenio Moggi, Andrea Montoli, Giuseppe Rosolini (chair)

* CT20->21 First Announcement
@ 2021-03-02 16:50 majordomo