categories - Category Theory list
* Interdisciplinary Conference on Foundations of Mathematics, Mathematical Cognition and Fundamental Science
@ 2021-04-22 22:24 ZAPATA-CARRATALA Carlos
From: ZAPATA-CARRATALA Carlos @ 2021-04-22 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Numerous Numerosity: an interdisciplinary conference on mathematical cognition, fundamental science, and philosophy of mathematics

Numbers: we use them every day, science relies on their precision, entire mathematical theories are built from them, they are the lifeblood of our technological ecosystem, even animals and plants show some numerical competency… but, what are numbers?

Held online May 24-28, Numerous Numerosity is an interdisciplinary conference aimed at answering this seemingly naive question in the most comprehensive way possible.

http://semf.org.es/numerosity/

We are delighted to announce a list of world-class plenary speakers:

Stephen Wolfram (Wolfram Research)

Jessica Flack (Santa Fe Institute)

Rafael Núñez (University of California - San Diego)

Regina Fabry (Ruhr University - Bochum)

David Krakauer (Santa Fe Institute)

Nicolas Gisin (University of Geneva, Schaffhausen Institute of Technology)

Karenleigh A. Overmann (University of Colorado - Colorado Springs)

Andrea Sereni (University School for Advanced Studies Pavia)

Grace W. Lindsay (Columbia University)

Kevin Buzzard (Imperial College London)

Menachem Magidor (Hebrew University of Jerusalem)

Participants from any background are welcome to attend, but we expect that this event will be of particular interest to researchers in the fields of mathematical cognition, complexity science, foundations of mathematics, neuroscience, fundamental physics, computer science and philosophy of mathematics. Those wishing to attend the online conference by joining the virtual meetings must click the button “Attend” on the event website before May 16. The event will also be live-streamed on YouTube.

Following the main event there will be a small-scale three-day workshop aimed primarily at young researchers. Applications to participate in the workshop are open until May 16:

http://semf.org.es/numerosity/#workshop

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-04-22 22:24 UTC | newest]