categories - Category Theory list
* Conference Logic and Higher Structures
@ 2021-09-15 13:37 Dimitri Ara
From: Dimitri Ara @ 2021-09-15 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

         Dear all,

This is an announcement for the conference

               Logic and Higher Structures

                   21-25 February 2022

                 CIRM, Marseille, France

         https://conferences.cirm-math.fr/2689.html

Description
===========

Voevodsky's univalent foundations program has revealed deep connections
between logic and homotopy theory, in particular via higher category
theory. The goal of this conference is to explore these interactions,
bringing together mathematicians from the communities of type theory, higher
rewriting, higher category theory and homotopy theory.

The conference will consist of two mini-courses, one given by Egbert Rijke
on Voedvodsky's univalent foundations and one given by Emily Riehl on higher
category theory, 12 talks by invited speakers and a limited number of
contributed talks for PhD students or young researchers.

This conference is part of a thematic month entitled Logic and Interactions
that will be held at the CIRM, Marseille, France, from January 24 to
February 25 2022. Here is the webpage of this month:
https://conferences.cirm-math.fr/2507.html

* Mini-courses:

Emily Riehl
Egbert Rijke

* Speakers:

Andrej Bauer
Ulrik Buchholtz
Eric Finster
Chris Kapulkin (TBC)
Joachim Kock
Nicolai Kraus
Andrea Gagna
Rune Haugseng
Lyne Moser
Viktoriya Ozornova
Simona Paoli
Christian Sattler

Registration
============

Participation is free, and we expect to fund the accommodation of all
participants requiring it, as well as providing a limited number of travel
grants. See the "Funding" section below.

Please pre-register early on the website
https://conferences.cirm-math.fr/2689.html
if you are interested in attending, as this will help
us organize the event in the best conditions.

A first round of travel grants will be attributed in October.

Funding
=======

We plan to fund the accommodation of any participant, within the limits of
the capacity of the CIRM and of our budget. If you have available funding,
allowing you to pay for your own accommodation, please let us know
nonetheless: this will allow us to allocate more of our own funding to other
participants.

The details of your accommodation will be managed by the CIRM.

We also plan to offer a limited number of travel grants, mainly targeted at
young researchers (master or PhD students, postdocs) attending several
consecutive weeks or even the whole session of the thematic month: you can
apply for such a grant in the pre-registration form.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-09-15 13:37 UTC | newest]