categories - Category Theory list
* In search of papers on monads and algebraic theories
@ 2022-05-25 11:01 Nathanael Arkor
From: Nathanael Arkor @ 2022-05-25 11:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear all,

I have been searching for several papers/preprints regarding monads, and
algebraic theories, without much success. If anyone has a copy of one of
the following papers, or knows where to find a copy, I would be very
grateful to hear from you. (Unfortunately I do not have much information
further than the title, author, and year, since I have come across these
simply as citations.)

- "A note on a construction of Kleisli" (Michael Barr, University of
Illinois, 1965).
- "J-adjonctions et J-monades" (Yves Diers, Universit?? de Lille, 1970).
- "Relative Functorial Semantics, III: Triples vs. Theories" (Fred
Linton, Banach Center (Warsaw), 1974).
- "Clones, Cotriples and the Structure Semantics adjointness" (George
Reynolds, Union College, 1975), the abstract for which can be found
here: https://www.ams.org/journals/notices/197601/197601FullIssue.pdf.

If anyone knows whether there was ever a "Relative Functorial Semantics,
II" (the first in the series presumably being the 1969 paper "Relative
functorial semantics: adjointness results"), I would also like to know.

In addition, Fred Linton apparently gave two talks about algebraic
theories a number of years after his papers on the subject. If anyone
attended either of the following talks (presuming the talks were given)
and recalls any of the content, I would be interested to hear.

- "Triples vs. Theories???one last time" at Billfest, 1997.
- "Triples vs. Theories as Yet another Yoneda Lemma" at either
Octoberfest 2005 or StreetFest 2005.

Many thanks,
Nathanael

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-05-25 11:01 UTC | newest]