categories - Category Theory list
* Two PhD opportunities at Swansea University: λ-calculi and automata/dynamical systems and computability
@ 2022-07-08  9:53 ppradic
From: ppradic @ 2022-07-08  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear all,

(apologies if you receive this multiple times; feel free to circulate to
students who might be interested in these offers)

I'd like to advertise a funded PhD position in the CS theory group at
Swansea University, to be supervised by myself. The topic would be about
exploring connections between (linear) ??-calculi and automata theory,
hopefully using semantic methods. The official advert, that can be found at

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/scholarships/research/computer-science-epsrc-su-phd-comparing-2022-rs125.php

gives some administrative details and some ideas on the research
directions that could be explored (I would personally also be happy to
discuss other ideas as long as I would be a particularly good fit to
supervise; my webpage might give you some idea about my interests:
https://cs-web.swan.ac.uk/~pierrepradic/).

Eike Neumann also has a funded PhD position to offer on a project about
looking at dynamical systems with a focus on exact real number
computability that I'd also like to advertise

https://www.swansea.ac.uk/postgraduate/scholarships/research/computer-science-epsrc-su-phd-robust-2022-rs122.php

The stipend would be ??16,062/year (UKRI rate), for a duration of 3 years
and the tuition fees are covered by the funding. The closing date for
both calls is July 29th. While the application procedure is detailed in
the links I gave above, we would welcome prospective candidates getting
in touch via email (p.r.a.pradic@swansea.ac.uk for me,
e.f.neumann@swansea.ac.uk for Eike) beforehand.

All the best,

Pierre Pradic

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-07-08  9:53 UTC | newest]