categories - Category Theory list
* Special Issue Of TAC In Honour Of Pieter Hofstra
@ 2022-09-18 18:10 Richard Blute
From: Richard Blute @ 2022-09-18 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Earlier this year, our dear friend and colleague Pieter Hofstra (1975-2022)  passed away.  Pieter obtained his PhD from Utrecht University, under Jaap van Oosten, studying realizability toposes. His research interests included  general topos theory, realizability, inverse semigroups and groupoids, abstract  computability, and homotopy type theory. Among his recent works, with J.  Funk, he introduced the notion of isotropy groups of toposes, which he was actively developing with students and colleagues.

While Pieter was a brilliant researcher, a kind teacher and a caring
supervisor, we will most remember him as a friend.

Today we (RB, Eugenia Cheng, Robin Cockett and Phil Scott)
announce that the journal Theory and Applications of Categories,
a journal for which Pieter was an editor, will dedicate a special volume in
his honor.

Authors are invited to submit their manuscripts in electronic form to
Richard Blute rblute@uottawa.ca,  possibly suggesting one of the
Guest Editors to be assigned to their paper.

All papers will be carefully refereed following the standards of
"Theory and Applications of Categories".

Prospective authors are requested to:
1.  Copy the managing editor of TAC, Geoffrey Cruttwell (at tac@mta.ca),
when submitting an article.
2. As with ordinary TAC papers, for the final version, authors should
follow the instructions on the TAC website and then send their final .tex
and .pdf files to Geoff (again at tac@mta.ca). The guest editors would much
prefer that also the initial submission of a PDF already use the TAC
template to simplify the work of reviewing.

The deadline for submission of papers is May 31, 2023.

The Guest Editors

Richard Blute
Eugenia Cheng
Robin Cockett
Philip Scott

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-09-18 18:10 UTC | newest]