* ETAPS 2023 Final joint call for papers
@ 2022-10-06 14:23 jan.kofron
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: jan.kofron @ 2022-10-06 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
JOINT CALL FOR PAPERS
26th European Joint Conferences on Theory and Practice of Software
Paris, France, 22-27 April 2023
-- ABOUT ETAPS --
ETAPS is the primary European forum for academic and industrial
researchers working on topics relating to software science. ETAPS,
established in 1998, is a confederation of four annual conferences
accompanied by satellite workshops. ETAPS 2023 is the twenty-sixth
event in the series.
-- Why choose ETAPS? --
* ETAPS is one of the world's leading fora for research on software
science, with a history of more than 25 years.
* The proceedings of ETAPS appear in gold open access, with no article
processing charge for the authors specifically.
* ETAPS has low participation fees for all and students in particular.
-- What is new in 2023? --
* The SPIN symposium will be co-located with ETAPS. More info at:
* TACAS will use a double-blind reviewing process.
* ESOP, FASE, and newly also FoSSaCS welcome voluntary submissions
of artefacts for evaluation after paper acceptance; the outcome will
not change the paper acceptance decision.
* Presentations of the test-of-time-award and the doctoral-
dissertation-award winners will take place.
* A plenary session for TOOLympics will be organised.
-- MAIN CONFERENCES (24-27 April 2023) --
* ESOP: European Symposium on Programming
(PC chair: Thomas Wies, New York University)
* FASE: Fundamental Approaches to Software Engineering
(PC chairs: Leen Lambers, BTU Cottbus-Senftenberg,
and Sebastián Uchitel, University of Buenos Aires)
* FoSSaCS: Foundations of Software Science
and Computation Structures
(PC chairs: Pawel Sobocinski, Tallinn University of Technology,
and Orna Kupferman, Hebrew University of Jerusalem)
* TACAS: Tools and Algorithms for the Construction and Analysis of Systems
(PC chairs: Sriram Sankaranarayanan, University of Colorado,
and Natasha Sharygina, University of Lugano)
ETAPS'23 will also host another edition of TOOLympics, organised by
Dirk Beyer, Fabrice Kordon, and Arnd Hartmanns.
-- INVITED SPEAKERS --
* Unifying speakers:
Thomas A. Henzinger (IST, Austria)
Véronique Cortier (Loria, France)
* ESOP: Mooly Shagiv (Tel Aviv University, Israel)
* FASE: Sven Apel (Saarland University, Germany)
* Tutorial speakers:
-- IMPORTANT DATES (UPDATED) --
* Paper submission: 13 October 2022, 23:59 AoE
* TACAS artefact submission deadline: 10 November 2022
* Rebuttal (ESOP, FoSSaCS, partially TACAS):
Tuesday 6 December - Thursday 8 December 2022
* Paper notification: 22 December, 2022
* ESOP, FASE, FoSSaCS artefact submission deadline:
5 January 2023
* TACAS mandatory-artefact notification for conditionally accepted
papers: 19 January 2023
* Paper final version: 26 January 2023
* Artefact notification ESOP, FASE, FoSSaCS, TACAS:
9 February 2023
-- SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS --
The four main conferences of ETAPS 2023 solicit contributions of the
following types. All page limits are given **excluding the bibliography**.
* ESOP: regular research papers of max 25 pp
* FASE: regular research papers and empirical evaluation papers of
max 18 pp,
new ideas and emerging results (NIER) papers of max 8 pp,
tool demonstration papers of max 6 pp (+ mandatory appendix of max
* FoSSaCS: regular research papers of max 18 pp
* TACAS: regular research papers, case study papers and regular tool
papers of max 16 pp, tool demonstration papers of max 6 pp
(+ mandatory appendix of max 6 pp),
Sumbission links for particular conferences follow:
* ESOP: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=esop2023
* FASE: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fase23
* FoSSaCS: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=fossacs2023
* TACAS: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=tacas2023
For definitions of the different paper types and specific instructions,
where they are present, see the webpages of the individual conferences.
All accepted papers will appear in the proceedings and have
presentations during the conference. A condition of submission is
that, if the submission is accepted, one of the authors attends the
conference to give the presentation. We plan ETAPS 2023 as an on-site
conference; nonetheless, remote attendance and presentation will be
Submitted papers must be in English, presenting original research. They
must be unpublished and not submitted for publication elsewhere. In
particular, simultaneous submission of the same contribution to
multiple ETAPS conferences is forbidden.
Submissions must follow the formatting guidelines of Springer's LNCS
(use the llncs.cls class) and be submitted electronically in pdf through
the Easychair author interface of the respective conference. Submissions
not adhering to the specified format and length may be rejected immediately.
ESOP, FASE, and TACAS will use **double-blind reviewing**. Authors are
asked to omit their names and institutions; refer to prior work in the
third person, just as prior work by others; not to include acknowledgements
that might identify them.
ESOP and FoSSaCS will use an **author rebuttal phase**. TACAS will use
rebuttal for selected submissions (those in the grey zone).
Artefact submission and evaluation
Regular tool paper and tool demonstration paper submissions to TACAS
must be accompanied by an artefact submitted shortly after the
paper. The artefact will be evaluated, and the outcome will be considered
in the paper's acceptance decision.
Authors of research papers and case study papers may submit an artefact
for evaluation after receiving the acceptance notifications. The outcome
of the artefact evaluation will not change the paper acceptance decision.
ESOP, FASE, and FoSSaCS will accept artefact submissions; however,
participation in it is voluntary; the artefact submission deadline is
after the paper notification deadline. The outcome will not alter the
paper acceptance decision.
For specific instructions regarding artefacts, see the web pages of the
The proceedings will be published in the Advanced Research in Computing and
Software Science (ARCoSS) subline of Springer's LNCS series. The proceedings
volumes will appear in gold open access, so the published versions of all
papers will be available for everyone to download from the publisher's
website freely, from the date of online publication, perpetually. The
copyright of the papers will remain with the authors.
The strongest papers from the four conferences will be nominated for the
ETAPS best paper awards of EAPLS, EASST and EATCS, and the SCP best tool
The ETAPS test-of-time award will be granted, recognising outstanding
papers published at ETAPS more than ten years in the past.
The Doctoral Dissertation Award will be granted to promote and recognise
an outstanding dissertation in the research areas covered by the four main
-- SATELLITE EVENTS (22-23 April 2023) --
A number of satellite workshops and other events will take place during
the weekend before the main conferences.
In particular, there will be a PhD student mentoring workshop organised
by Caterina Urban and Wolfgang Ahrendt.
-- CITY AND HOST INSTITUTION --
ETAPS 2023 will take place in Paris, France. The conferences and satellite
events will be hosted at Sorbonne Université and IHP (Institut Henri Poincaré),
respectively. They are located in the very centre of the city, in the famous
historic district of Quartier Latin. The new museum of mathematical sciences
of IHP and the historical mathematics library are also in the same buildings as
the satellite events. Several museums, churches and historical buildings can be
visited in this area. The convenient location allows for accessing most places
in Paris by public transport. ETAPS is organised by the MeFoSyLoMa community,
which gathers all researchers on formal methods for software and hardware
systems in the Île-de-France region.
-- ORGANISERS --
* Fabrice Kordon (Sorbonne Université)
* Laure Petrucci (Université Sorbonne Paris Nord)
* Benedikt Bollig (CNRS)
* Stefan Haar (Inria)
* Étienne André (Université Sorbonne Paris Nord)
* Denis Poitrenaud (Université Paris Cité)
* Stefan Schwoon (ENS Paris-Saclay)
* Benoît Barbot (Université Paris-Est Créteil)
* Nathalie Sznajder (Sorbonne Université)
* Céline Ghibaudo (Sorbonne Université)
* Anna-Marie Reytier (Sorbonne Université)
Local proceedings chair
* Étienne André (Sorbonne Paris Nord)
[For admin and other information see: http://www.mta.ca/~cat-dist/ ]
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-10-06 14:23 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-10-06 14:23 ETAPS 2023 Final joint call for papers jan.kofron
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox