categories - Category Theory list
* categories: Postdoc Ad | Bilkent University
@ 2023-05-21 10:16 Cihan Okay
From: Cihan Okay @ 2023-05-21 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear Colleagues,

Postdoctoral positions are available in my group to work on the project
Topology of Quantum Resources, funded by the US Air Force Office of
Scientific Research.

This posting targets candidates with a background in algebraic topology or
category theory, knowledge of quantum computing is not required but would
be an asset. The main objects we are interested in are simplicial
distributions; see https://arxiv.org/abs/2204.06648 for an accessible
account. They are simplicial sets that model spaces of probability
distributions and can be used to study Bell inequalities that appear in
quantum theory. For a more categorical approach, see also
https://arxiv.org/abs/2211.00571.

Applications are through mathjobs (https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/22255)
with a June 15, 2023 deadline.

Best,
Cihan

http://cihan.okay.bilkent.edu.tr/

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-05-23  1:31 UTC | newest]