categories - Category Theory list
* categories: List of CT conferences
@ 2023-05-22  1:30 David Roberts
From: David Roberts @ 2023-05-22  1:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories@mta.ca list

Hi all,

someone started a page on the nLab that listed the locations (and,
where possible, websites etc) for the annual(-ish) CT conference.
There are some gaps even as recently as the last 20 years, and the
current oldest item is the 1989 Bangor CT.

https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/Category+Theory+conference

In looking around, I suspect that in some years (before my time) the
conference may have gone under a different name, or was combined in
some way. For instance, was it ever held at MSRI? And, of course, it
may not have been held in some years (2012?)

If people can supply some info for
1993,1994,1996,1997,1998,2001,2002,2003,2005,2012, then at least we
will have the last 30 years recorded. I think I know where to find
some info about the 1980s (Bob Paré's list of conference talks!
https://www.mscs.dal.ca/~pare/Conferences.html), but getting a full
list would be good, inasmuch as that is possible. Perhaps there was a
published list in a proceedings of the history at some point?

Thanks.

David Roberts
Webpage: https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/David+Roberts
Blog: https://thehighergeometer.wordpress.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-05-23  1:31 UTC | newest]