categories - Category Theory list
* [Categories]: book on categorical computability
@ 2023-10-24  5:16 JS Lemay
From: JS Lemay @ 2023-10-24  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear category theorists,

A couple of months ago I offered PDFs of
> The book
> ** Programs as diagrams:
> ** From categorical computability to computable categories
A couple of you who accepted the offer asked that I announce when the
physical version becomes available. So here it is:
https://www.amazon.com/Programs-Diagrams-Categorical-Computability-Applicat=<https://www.amazon.com/Programs-Diagrams-Categorical-Computability-Applicat=>
ions-ebook/dp/B0C54RZJ4G/
or
https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-34827-3<https://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-031-34827-3>
I waived the royalties to be able to distribute 75% of the text
through arxiv, so there is that version as well. But the stories and
workouts that are not included may very well be the nicest part. And I
should update it. If you would like the physical book but it looks
expensive, I can order copies at 40% discount. On the other hand, if
you purchase a copy through the link on dusko.org<http://dusko.org/>, then I get 30%.

Sorry, I probably shouldn't go on about sales and percentages. I hope
it's a useful book. There is more but maybe even this is too much :)

-- dusko