categories - Category Theory list
* re: the lanl e-print server
@ 1998-08-10 15:41 James Stasheff
From: James Stasheff @ 1998-08-10 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

One correspondent writes:

for example, there's only one paper per year classified as "Category
Theory" (currently there's only math.CT/9805102), then we conclude that
either
a) no papers suitable for that classification are being written,
b) the people writing those papers are unaware of the archive,
c) they're aware of it but prefer not or are too busy to use it, or
d) they're actively boycotting it.

I'm hoping that c) is the reason and not d). Listing with
xxx.lanl.gov in noway precludes or detracts from the use of e.g. hypatia

comments?

jim

	Until August 10, 1998, I am on leave from UNC
		and am at the University of Pennsylvania

	 Jim Stasheff		jds@math.upenn.edu

	146 Woodland Dr
        Lansdale PA 19446       (215)822-6707

	Jim Stasheff		jds@math.unc.edu
	Math-UNC		(919)-962-9607
	Chapel Hill NC		FAX:(919)-962-2568
	27599-3250

only message in thread, other threads:[~1998-08-10 15:41 UTC | newest]