categories - Category Theory list
From: categories <cat-dist@mta.ca>
To: categories <categories@mta.ca>
Subject: Re: Query
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 23:39:28 -0300 (ADT)	[thread overview]

Date: Sun, 29 Jun 1997 11:58:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: Dr. Farogh Dovlatshahi <frank@primenet.com>

 This is not an answer to your question. But your posting prompts me to
ask a question in the semantics underlying applications of cateogories.

 What is the underlying metaphysics of perception (event, processes,
relations ?). How do you capture 'time'. It seems to me the dynamism is in
the arrows -- and there perhaps is where time comes in.

 It has always seemed to me that the applications of Cat. The. (for
example in the study of Dynamical Systems) has served as a language to
talk about mathematical, computatianal and procedural complexities ONCE
THESE ARE ALREADY IN PALCE. Cat. is not to replace them as an alternative.

Dr. Farogh Dovlatshahi