categories - Category Theory list
* Manifesto for transparent mathematical modeling
@ 2024-02-07  1:43 Vyacheslav Kalmykov
From: Vyacheslav Kalmykov @ 2024-02-07  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Categories

Dear colleagues,

I would like to draw the community's attention to the special role of category theory in the applied race for transparency in mathematical models. This race for transparency is particularly fueled by concerns about the reliability and safety of modern artificial intelligence, which is by nature a "black box". Category theory allows us to view complex systems transparently. Morphisms allow the individual behavior of category objects to be taken into account. Functors and natural transformations make it possible to model higher levels of organization of a complex system. A categorical view of multi-level organization has helped us create cellular automata models of ecosystems. We hope that transparent categorical and cellular automata thinking will expand their representation in science and education.

Kalmykov VL, Kalmykov LV. Manifesto for transparent mathematical modeling: from ecology to general science. Academia Biology 2024;2. https://doi.org/10.20935/AcadBiol6166<https://protect-au.mimecast.com/s/LZJFCjZ12Rfq89xphRWAM7?domain=doi.org>

Kind regards,

Vyacheslav Kalmykov

You're receiving this message because you're a member of the Categories mailing list group from Macquarie University. To take part in this conversation, reply all to this message.

View group files<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=files&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Leave group<https://outlook.office365.com/owa/categories@mq.edu.au/groupsubscription.ashx?source=EscalatedMessage&action=leave&GuestId=4eb9b40c-9b3a-48a5-9781-836e5a171e8b>   |   Learn more about Microsoft 365 Groups<https://aka.ms/o365g>

* Re: Manifesto for transparent mathematical modeling
@ 2024-02-07 12:38 ` Morgan Rogers
From: Morgan Rogers @ 2024-02-07 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vyacheslav Kalmykov, Categories