categories - Category Theory list
* BOUNCE categories@mta.ca: Approval required:    Non-member submission from [Bob Rosebrugh <rrosebru@mta.ca>] (fwd)
@ 2021-11-24  1:38 Bob Rosebrugh
From: Bob Rosebrugh @ 2021-11-24  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2021 17:20:57 -0400
From: Dan Christensen <jdc@uwo.ca>
To: "categories@mta.ca" <categories@mta.ca>
Cc: Bob Rosebrugh <rrosebru@mta.ca>
Subject: tenure-track and postdoc openings at Western University

The Department of Mathematics at the University of Western Ontario is
advertising two tenure-track positions as well as one or more
postdoctoral positions.

The first tenure-track position is intended for mathematicians whose
research focus is in "applied algebra", interpreted in the broadest
possible sense. This could include applications of category theory, or
applications of algebra to other parts of mathematics, e.g. algebraic
topology. The deadline to apply for this position is December 7, 2021:

    https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/18557

The second tenure-track position is open to mathematicians in any area,
but includes having part of your teaching in our newly established Data
Science program.  I???d like to stress that you don???t need to do research
in data science nor do you need teaching experience related to data
science. You do however, in the language of the ad, need to have some
"expertise relevant to teaching data science." I believe the committee
will be open to all kinds of ways in which such expertise can be
demonstrated.  The deadline to apply for this position is January 2,
2022:

    https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/19046

Last but not least, we???re also advertising postdoctoral fellowships,
open to applicants in all areas of mathematics, both pure and applied.
The deadline to apply for these positions is December 5, 2021:

    https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs/list/18780

The Department of Mathematics has a number of faculty interested in
category theory, higher category theory, algebraic topology and homotopy
type theory. With many seminars and topics courses, and a strong
graduate program, it is an excellent place for researchers in these
areas.

I hope to see many people on this list apply for these positions! If
you have questions about either of these positions, please get in
touch and I???ll be happy to answer them.

Best wishes,

Dan
---1530486996-158821767-1637717583=:18501--

only message in thread, other threads:[~2021-11-24  1:38 UTC | newest]