categories - Category Theory list
* Hiring at Western Sydney University
@ 2024-01-28 21:45 Richard Garner
From: Richard Garner @ 2024-01-28 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: categories

Dear all,

I have nothing to do with this but thought it could be of interest to
some here.

Western Sydney University are hiring:

https://uws.nga.net.au/?jati=18075E26-931D-895E-139D-D1EBAAD4ED33

This is a permanent position at Level B, which is equivalent to UK
lecturer or US assistant professor.

The maths department at WSU is small but friendly, and while they don't
have any category theorists per se, there are a couple of quite
category-theoretic people there: James East who works on semigroups and
combinatorially defined free categories, and Roozbeh Hazrat who works on
inter alia Leavitt path algebras. You would also be a short hop across
town from us here at Macquarie.

You should not contact me about this position because I have no hand in
it! The specified contact is:

A/Prof Volker Gebhardt via v.gebhardt@westernsydney.edu.au
<mailto:v.gebhardt@westernsydney.edu.au>

Hope this is of interest to some!

Richard

only message in thread, other threads:[~2024-01-28 21:55 UTC | newest]