List for cgit developers and users
* possible bug in config readme
@ 2017-01-24 22:19 i
From: i @ 2017-01-24 22:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Moin,

i'm using cgit 1.1 and trying to configure a global list of possible
readme files (see attachment), but all i can get to work are
"cgit.readme" entries in git-config files.

I would expect, that this list would be active until a repo config or
git-config comes around to overwrite it.

Regards
MonkZ
-------------- next part --------------
about-filter=/usr/lib/cgit/filters/about-formatting.sh
cache-dynamic-ttl=0
cache-repo-ttl=0
cache-root-ttl=0
cache-size=0
cache-static-ttl=0
commit-filter=/usr/local/bin/cgit-commit-links.sh
css=/cgit.css
enable-commit-graph=1
enable-follow-links=1
enable-git-config=1
enable-http-clone=1
enable-index-links=1
enable-log-filecount=1
enable-log-linecount=1
enable-tree-linenumbers=1
enable_index_owner = 1
logo=/cgit.png
mimetype.gif=image/gif
mimetype.html=text/html
mimetype.jpeg=image/jpeg
mimetype.jpg=image/jpeg
mimetype.ogv=video/ogg
mimetype.pdf=application/pdf
mimetype.png=image/png
mimetype.svg=image/svg+xml
nocache	= 1
noplainemail=1
readme=:INSTALL
readme=:INSTALL.htm
readme=:INSTALL.html
readme=:INSTALL.md
readme=:INSTALL.mkd
readme=:INSTALL.rst
readme=:INSTALL.txt
readme=:README
readme=:README.htm
readme=:README.html
readme=:README.md
readme=:README.mkd
readme=:README.rst
readme=:README.txt
readme=:install
readme=:install.htm
readme=:install.html
readme=:install.md
readme=:install.mkd
readme=:install.rst
readme=:install.txt
readme=:readme
readme=:readme.htm
readme=:readme.html
readme=:readme.md
readme=:readme.mkd
readme=:readme.rst
readme=:readme.txt
remove-suffix=0
robots=noindex, nofollow
snapshots=tar.gz tar.bz2 zip
source-filter=/usr/lib/cgit/filters/syntax-highlighting.py
virtual-root=/
scan-path=/var/lib/gitolite/repositories/

* possible bug in config readme
@ 2017-02-18 16:57 ` john
From: john @ 2017-02-18 16:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 11:19:09PM +0100, MonkZ wrote:
> i'm using cgit 1.1 and trying to configure a global list of possible
> readme files (see attachment), but all i can get to work are
> "cgit.readme" entries in git-config files.
>
> I would expect, that this list would be active until a repo config or
> git-config comes around to overwrite it.

I can't see anything wrong with your config, and I have just tried
something similar here and it seems to work.

Having looked at the code, one small subtlety is that if there is a
repository-specific readme configuration it overrides the default list
rather than appending to it, but if you don't have any repository
configuration then the list in cgitrc should be used.

* possible bug in config readme
@ 2017-02-18 22:12   ` i
From: i @ 2017-02-18 22:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

As i have my cgit + uwsgi + nginx + gitolite setup in a LXD container, i
can publish it.
Would this be helpful?

From: john @ 2017-02-19 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 11:12:08PM +0100, MonkZ wrote:
> As i have my cgit + uwsgi + nginx + gitolite setup in a LXD container, i
> can publish it.
> Would this be helpful?

Probably not necessary - I had another look at your config file and I
realised that almost every "readme" line has a trailing space.  The CGit
configfile parser strips whitespace around the "=" character but does
not strip trailing whitespace.

Strangely the rest of the lines in the file do not have any trailing
spaces and the line "readme=:install" doesn't but all the rest do (try
"cat -E cgitrc" to show this).

@ 2017-02-19 15:38       ` i
From: i @ 2017-02-19 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.02.2017 um 16:17 schrieb John Keeping:
> On Sat, Feb 18, 2017 at 11:12:08PM +0100, MonkZ wrote:
>> As i have my cgit + uwsgi + nginx + gitolite setup in a LXD container, i
>> can publish it.
>> Would this be helpful?
>
> Probably not necessary
I was nearly done with it though :D - i've already stripped all private
data and custom configs.

> - I had another look at your config file and I
> realised that almost every "readme" line has a trailing space.  The CGit
> configfile parser strips whitespace around the "=" character but does
> not strip trailing whitespace.

WORKS!!!! Thank you very much!

> Strangely the rest of the lines in the file do not have any trailing
> spaces and the line "readme=:install" doesn't but all the rest do (try
> "cat -E cgitrc" to show this).

The readme config block was copy/pasted from a howto... my fault.