List for cgit developers and users
* Fwd: JSON interface
@ 2015-02-24 18:18 xuu
From: xuu @ 2015-02-24 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I was wondering if anything ever happened with this request? I would love to
be able to call into cgit for json data.

thanks!

From: Jason @ 2015-03-03 22:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

This would indeed be quite nice. I'll look into it for 0.12.

Currently I'm just running a python web app on top of it to do the trick.
Not great, but it gets the job done.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

* JSON interface
@ 2015-03-04 16:10   ` chris.burroughs
From: chris.burroughs @ 2015-03-04 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

What python web app?  I've been looking into running an application
(chef-guard) that only works with the github api and trying to figure
out a reasonable workaround.

@ 2015-03-04 16:12     ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-03-04 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

The one behind this:
http://git.zx2c4.com/json/projects
and
http://git.zx2c4.com/json/random-code

It's like 20 lines long and sort of trivial, not worth cleaning up for release.

* Fwd: JSON interface
@ 2014-10-05 12:25     ` wilhelm.matilainen
From: wilhelm.matilainen @ 2014-10-05 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

That's what I'm interested in doing. There just has to be some reverse
proxied application that will handle the requests to git with security in
mind.

@ 2014-10-05 12:05   ` john
From: john @ 2014-10-05 12:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

       [not found] <CANvZ+9TetQ5_bQJ+Bq2tArpd0ACKQ4Zh+ciqNojfUs2vLqraEQ@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2014-10-05 11:13 ` wilhelm.matilainen
From: wilhelm.matilainen @ 2014-10-05 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Instead of acting as a server providing html and css files, could there be
a only-json option?

I could then provide all the static files minified and cached from a proper
http server already in use and request only the data from cgit.

Using jquery:
$.getJSON('/git/repository/<repo>', function(data) {
    showRepo(data);
});

By loading https://
<server>/git/<what-I-need>/<parameter-1>/<parameter-2>/<etc.>
CGit would output something like:
{
"repository": "test",
"property1": "value1",
"property2": "value2"
}

It's not fun at all to operate multiple http servers all with their own
options.

Wilhelm Matilainen