List for cgit developers and users
* Origin URL in patch view?
@ 2014-12-28 11:45 pabs3
From: pabs3 @ 2014-12-28 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I no longer remember enough C to implement this, but it would be great
to have the patch UI contain an Origin header with the URL to the patch.
I suggest an Origin header as the Debian patch guidelines suggest it:

http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/
From: john @ 2014-12-28 12:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Dec 28, 2014 at 07:45:29PM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> I no longer remember enough C to implement this, but it would be great
> to have the patch UI contain an Origin header with the URL to the patch.
> I suggest an Origin header as the Debian patch guidelines suggest it:
>
> http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep3/

I don't think this is likely to happen because the patch view is
intended to match the output of git-format-patch(1) and it appears that
the origin is intended as a "trailer" (to use Git terminology) that
appears at the bottom of the commit message and hence modifies the
original patch.

* Origin URL in patch view?
@ 2014-12-28 13:52   ` pabs3
From: pabs3 @ 2014-12-28 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, 2014-12-28 at 12:15 +0000, John Keeping wrote:

> I don't think this is likely to happen because the patch view is
> intended to match the output of git-format-patch(1) and it appears that
> the origin is intended as a "trailer" (to use Git terminology) that
> appears at the bottom of the commit message and hence modifies the
> original patch.

Origin can appear at any point in the patch headers, personally I would
recommend putting it just after the From %H... in the patch output.

--
bye,
pabs

http://bonedaddy.net/pabs3/