List for cgit developers and users
* cgit and nginx on debian
@ 2015-03-14  8:25 thuban
From: thuban @ 2015-03-14  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I am trying to self-host my git repos, but I can't figure how to achieve
this. Yes, there are many tutorials, but no one works in the end.

What I need :
- Clone over ssh
- Clone over http
- cgit on http://git.mydomain.com

For now, I have installer nginx, cgit and fcgiwrap. I have access to
cgit index page, but as soon as I wan't to go further (click on a repo,
on tree or commit...), it fails. The url seems broken, because i repeat
itself, ie : http://git.mydomain.com/shaarlyp/shaarlyp/tree/

Here is my nginx config :

    server {
        listen                80;
        server_name localhost;
        index cgit.cgi;

        root                  /usr/share/cgit;
        try_files             $uri @cgit;

        location @cgit {
        include             fastcgi_params;
        fastcgi_param       SCRIPT_FILENAME /usr/lib/cgit/cgit.cgi;
        fastcgi_param       PATH_INFO       $uri;
        fastcgi_param       QUERY_STRING    $args;
        fastcgi_param       HTTP_HOST       $server_name;
        fastcgi_pass        unix:/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
        }
    }

cgit is installed via debian jessie package.

Do you have any recent documentation, or any advice?

Regards,

--
Thuban
PubKey : http://yeuxdelibad.net/Divers/thuban.pub

* cgit and nginx on debian
@ 2015-03-14  8:28 ` luky-37
From: luky-37 @ 2015-03-14  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

> For now, I have installer nginx, cgit and fcgiwrap. I have access to
> cgit index page, but as soon as I wan't to go further (click on a repo,
> on tree or commit...), it fails. The url seems broken, because i repeat
> itself, ie : http://git.mydomain.com/shaarlyp/shaarlyp/tree/
>
> Here is my nginx config :
>
> server {
> listen 80;
> server_name localhost;
> index cgit.cgi;
>
> root /usr/share/cgit;
> try_files $uri @cgit;
>
> location @cgit {
> include fastcgi_params;
> fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME /usr/lib/cgit/cgit.cgi;
> fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $uri;
> fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $args;
> fastcgi_param HTTP_HOST $server_name;
> fastcgi_pass unix:/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
> }
> }
>
> cgit is installed via debian jessie package.
>
> Do you have any recent documentation, or any advice?

http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/2015-January/002345.html

Lukas

* cgit and nginx on debian
@ 2015-03-14 10:00   ` thuban
From: thuban @ 2015-03-14 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at hotmail.com> le [14-03-2015 09:28:17 +0100]:

> > For now, I have installer nginx, cgit and fcgiwrap. I have access to
> > cgit index page, but as soon as I wan't to go further (click on a repo,
> > on tree or commit...), it fails. The url seems broken, because i repeat
> > itself, ie : http://git.mydomain.com/shaarlyp/shaarlyp/tree/
> >
> > Here is my nginx config :
> >
> > server {
> > listen 80;
> > server_name localhost;
> > index cgit.cgi;
> >
> > root /usr/share/cgit;
> > try_files $uri @cgit;
> >
> > location @cgit {
> > include fastcgi_params;
> > fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME /usr/lib/cgit/cgit.cgi;
> > fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $uri;
> > fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $args;
> > fastcgi_param HTTP_HOST $server_name;
> > fastcgi_pass unix:/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
> > }
> > }
> >
> > cgit is installed via debian jessie package.
> >
> > Do you have any recent documentation, or any advice?
>
> http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/2015-January/002345.html
>

> Lukas

Ok, after adding virtual-root=/ to /etc/cgitrc, now url seems ok.
But still, when I click on "tree" or "log", I see the message "No
repositories found". I can't figure what's wrong here...

Regards.

--

@ 2015-03-14 13:01     ` thuban
From: thuban @ 2015-03-14 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Thuban <thuban at yeuxdelibad.net> le [14-03-2015 11:00:23 +0100]:
> * Lukas Tribus <luky-37 at hotmail.com> le [14-03-2015 09:28:17 +0100]:
> >
> > > For now, I have installer nginx, cgit and fcgiwrap. I have access to
> > > cgit index page, but as soon as I wan't to go further (click on a repo,
> > > on tree or commit...), it fails. The url seems broken, because i repeat
> > > itself, ie : http://git.mydomain.com/shaarlyp/shaarlyp/tree/
> > >
> > > Here is my nginx config :
> > >
> > > server {
> > > listen 80;
> > > server_name localhost;
> > > index cgit.cgi;
> > >
> > > root /usr/share/cgit;
> > > try_files $uri @cgit;
> > >
> > > location @cgit {
> > > include fastcgi_params;
> > > fastcgi_param SCRIPT_FILENAME /usr/lib/cgit/cgit.cgi;
> > > fastcgi_param PATH_INFO $uri;
> > > fastcgi_param QUERY_STRING $args;
> > > fastcgi_param HTTP_HOST $server_name;
> > > fastcgi_pass unix:/run/fcgiwrap.socket;
> > > }
> > > }
> > >
> > > cgit is installed via debian jessie package.
> > >
> > > Do you have any recent documentation, or any advice?
> >
> > http://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/2015-January/002345.html
> >

> > Lukas
>
> Ok, after adding virtual-root=/ to /etc/cgitrc, now url seems ok.
> But still, when I click on "tree" or "log", I see the message "No
> repositories found". I can't figure what's wrong here...
>
> Regards.
>
> --
> Thuban
> PubKey : http://yeuxdelibad.net/Divers/thuban.pub

Problem solved, I had to remove this option :

remove-suffix=1

Regards,