List for cgit developers and users
* CGit in subdomain
@ 2017-05-12 15:48 santi.moreno
From: santi.moreno @ 2017-05-12 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,
I trying to config CGit in a server and all it's fine in the link
domain.org/cgit but I try config with Apache2 in subdomain
git.domain.org but the cgit.css not it's apply. I don't understand why
the default path in cgitrc is css=/css-git/css.git when my css file is
in /usr/share/cgit/css.git
Could you help me?

Thanks, and excuse me for my poor english.
@santimoreno

P.S. My distro is Debian 9 with Apache2.4.25 and git 2.11.0

* CGit in subdomain
@ 2017-05-12 15:57 ` john
From: john @ 2017-05-12 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 05:48:29PM +0200, Santi Moreno wrote:
> I trying to config CGit in a server and all it's fine in the link
> domain.org/cgit but I try config with Apache2 in subdomain
> git.domain.org but the cgit.css not it's apply. I don't understand why
> the default path in cgitrc is css=/css-git/css.git when my css file is
> in /usr/share/cgit/css.git
> Could you help me?

The css value in cgitrc is the URL to be included in the
<link rel='stylesheet' .../> element in the HTML documents served by
CGit.  You need to copy cgit.css so that your webserver will make it
available and then set a suitable path in cgitrc.

* CGit in subdomain
@ 2017-05-12 16:54   ` santi.moreno
From: santi.moreno @ 2017-05-12 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 may, John Keeping wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 05:48:29PM +0200, Santi Moreno wrote:
> > I trying to config CGit in a server and all it's fine in the link
> > domain.org/cgit but I try config with Apache2 in subdomain
> > git.domain.org but the cgit.css not it's apply. I don't understand why
> > the default path in cgitrc is css=/css-git/css.git when my css file is
> > in /usr/share/cgit/css.git
> > Could you help me?
>
> The css value in cgitrc is the URL to be included in the
> <link rel='stylesheet' .../> element in the HTML documents served by
> CGit.  You need to copy cgit.css so that your webserver will make it
> available and then set a suitable path in cgitrc.

Thanks, but the css config is default but with this config in Apache2:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName git.domain.org
    DocumentRoot "/usr/share/cgit/"
    ScriptAlias / "/usr/lib/cgit/cgit.cgi/"
    Alias /cgit-css "/usr/share/cgit/"
    <Directory "/usr/lib/cgit/">
        AllowOverride None
        Options ExecCGI FollowSymlinks
        Require all granted
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

the final url is git.domain.org/css-cgit/css.git and not found it. The
url correct is domain.org/css-cgit/css.git. I need remove "git." from
the url for that found the file.

Thanks,
@santimoreno

* CGit in subdomain
@ 2017-05-17  9:37     ` john
From: john @ 2017-05-17  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 06:54:31PM +0200, Santi Moreno wrote:
> On 12 may, John Keeping wrote:
> > On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 05:48:29PM +0200, Santi Moreno wrote:
> > > I trying to config CGit in a server and all it's fine in the link
> > > domain.org/cgit but I try config with Apache2 in subdomain
> > > git.domain.org but the cgit.css not it's apply. I don't understand why
> > > the default path in cgitrc is css=/css-git/css.git when my css file is
> > > in /usr/share/cgit/css.git
> > > Could you help me?
> >
> > The css value in cgitrc is the URL to be included in the
> > <link rel='stylesheet' .../> element in the HTML documents served by
> > CGit.  You need to copy cgit.css so that your webserver will make it
> > available and then set a suitable path in cgitrc.
>
> Thanks, but the css config is default but with this config in Apache2:
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
>     ServerName git.domain.org
>     DocumentRoot "/usr/share/cgit/"
>     ScriptAlias / "/usr/lib/cgit/cgit.cgi/"
>     Alias /cgit-css "/usr/share/cgit/"
>     <Directory "/usr/lib/cgit/">
>         AllowOverride None
>         Options ExecCGI FollowSymlinks
>         Require all granted
>     </Directory>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> the final url is git.domain.org/css-cgit/css.git and not found it. The
> url correct is domain.org/css-cgit/css.git. I need remove "git." from
> the url for that found the file.

Why not just copy the CSS file into /usr/lib/cgit/ ?  It looks like that
directory is already served, so what's the benefit of using
/usr/share/cgit as the document root?