List for cgit developers and users
* Coverity + Jenkins
@ 2015-10-08 14:33 Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-10-08 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hey Ferry,

As you probably noticed, I've added cgit to Coverity's scanner. I'm
still waiting for them to "approve" it as an authentic grass-fed
no-GMO open source project, but once that happens, we'll have a host
of bugs to inspect.

It appears they've got some scripts and things for automating the
scanning and uploading. Any interest in adding this to your Jenkins?
That way we'd get every commit scanned and could chart progress over
time etc.

Jason

* Coverity + Jenkins
@ 2015-10-08 20:56 ` list
From: list @ 2015-10-08 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> on Thu, 2015/10/08 16:33:
> As you probably noticed, I've added cgit to Coverity's scanner. I'm
> still waiting for them to "approve" it as an authentic grass-fed
> no-GMO open source project, but once that happens, we'll have a host
> of bugs to inspect.

We are ready to go... :D

201 defects to be fixed... Though it counts defects from git as well. Is
there a way to exclude pathes? Anybody familiar with coverity?

To avoid duplicate work - who will look at what?
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)
On 08/10/15 22:56, Christian Hesse wrote:
> "Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> on Thu, 2015/10/08 16:33:
>> As you probably noticed, I've added cgit to Coverity's scanner. I'm
>> still waiting for them to "approve" it as an authentic grass-fed
>> no-GMO open source project, but once that happens, we'll have a host
>> of bugs to inspect.
>
> We are ready to go... :D
>
> 201 defects to be fixed... Though it counts defects from git as well. Is
> there a way to exclude pathes? Anybody familiar with coverity?

I'll be running coverity builds on my Jenkins and will look into this.
I'm already running coverity builds for olsrd.

> To avoid duplicate work - who will look at what?

Ferry Huberts

* Coverity + Jenkins
@ 2015-10-08 22:15     ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-10-08 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

The majority of them are from git. There's a way to organize the code
into modules so that we don't have to look at the git bugs though.
I'll investigate this tomorrow, unless someone beats me to it.

* Coverity + Jenkins
@ 2015-10-09  8:54       ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-10-09  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Alright -- I've filtered out all the git findings. This leaves us with
a much more manageable 31 findings.

* Coverity + Jenkins
@ 2015-10-09  8:57         ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2015-10-09  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Note that you can only submit max 3 builds per day.
I have my olsrd coverity job running on this schedule:

   H 0,12,18 * * *

@ 2015-10-09  9:04           ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-10-09  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

From the FAQ:

Due to high levels of activity, the number of weekly builds per
project are as follows:
Up to 12 builds per week, with a maximum of 3 builds per day, for
projects with fewer than 100K lines of code
Up to   8 builds per week, with a maximum of 2 builds per day, for
projects with 100K to 500K lines of code
Up to   4 builds per week, with a maximum of 1 build per day, for
projects with 500K to 1 million lines of code
Up to   2 builds per week, with a maximum of 1 build per day, for
projects with more than 1 million lines of code

We might actually be in the "8 per week, 2 per day" category due to
being intermingled with the git codebase...