List for cgit developers and users
* Timezones in CGit
@ 2015-06-26 11:07 john
From: john @ 2015-06-26 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just realised that CGit prints dates either in the server's
timezone or in UTC.  I'm not sure how I've never spotted it before, but
I find it a bit surprising considering that Git's normal behaviour is to
show author/committer timestamps in the originator's timezone.

I'd like to change CGit's behaviour here, but I'm not sure if we can
consider it a bugfix when the "local-time" config variable is false or
if we need to introduce a new variable to control which of the following
timestamps are displayed in:

1. the originator's timezone
2. the server's timezone
3. UTC

What do people think?  Am I wrong that this is unexpected?

* Timezones in CGit
@ 2015-06-26 14:22 ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-06-26 14:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Seems most straight forward to just copy git's behavior elsewhere to
cgit -- i.e. originator's timestamp.

Though, if git itself is configurable via local-time, then we too should be.