List for cgit developers and users
* Failing builds
@ 2014-01-20  8:28 mailings
From: mailings @ 2014-01-20  8:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi guys,

I've been on vacation and not following the discussions.

Has anything changed in the build and/or build dependencies?
I've been having build failures on my Jenkins, see (for example)
https://hupie.dyndns.org:15051/jenkins/job/cgit%20-%20upstream%20-%20master/122/consoleText

I build by executing:

--
Ferry Huberts

* Failing builds
@ 2014-01-20  8:44 ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2014-01-20  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

BTW the culprit (probably) is
http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/commit/?id=caf557a2ba666ad87a1ebd5b40750feaf1bd631f

@ 2014-01-20  8:57   ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2014-01-20  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20/01/14 09:44, Ferry Huberts wrote:
> BTW the culprit (probably) is
> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/commit/?id=caf557a2ba666ad87a1ebd5b40750feaf1bd631f
>

> On 20/01/14 09:28, Ferry Huberts wrote:
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> I've been on vacation and not following the discussions.
>>
>> Has anything changed in the build and/or build dependencies?
>> I've been having build failures on my Jenkins, see (for example)
>> https://hupie.dyndns.org:15051/jenkins/job/cgit%20-%20upstream%20-%20master/122/consoleText
>>

>> I build by executing:
>>> #!/bin/bash
>>> set -e
>>> make DESTDIR="$(pwd)/dist" all test install install-man install-html

Ok, I needed to install lua-devel (Fedora 20)

This should probably be detected.
For example by using pkg-config, like mentioned in the other thread I
just read while catching up :-)

IMHO It's a good idea to use pkg-config to get/test dependencies

--
Ferry Huberts

* Failing builds
@ 2014-01-20 11:55     ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2014-01-20 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Ferry Huberts <mailings at hupie.com> wrote:
> Ok, I needed to install lua-devel (Fedora 20)
>
> This should probably be detected.
> For example by using pkg-config, like mentioned in the other thread I just
> read while catching up :-)
>
> IMHO It's a good idea to use pkg-config to get/test dependencies.

Currently we do use pkg-config: http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/cgit.mk#n28

However, the tests should not fail when Lua isn't present. I'll fix this.

* Failing builds
@ 2014-01-20 12:03       ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2014-01-20 12:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 20/01/14 12:55, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 9:57 AM, Ferry Huberts <mailings at hupie.com> wrote:
>> Ok, I needed to install lua-devel (Fedora 20)
>>
>> This should probably be detected.
>> For example by using pkg-config, like mentioned in the other thread I just
>> read while catching up :-)
>>
>> IMHO It's a good idea to use pkg-config to get/test dependencies.
>
> Currently we do use pkg-config: http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/cgit.mk#n28
>
> However, the tests should not fail when Lua isn't present. I'll fix this.

It seems that pkg-config might have failed.
This is the contents of lua-devel:

--
Ferry Huberts

* Failing builds
@ 2014-01-20 12:12         ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2014-01-20 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

zx2c4 at thinkpad ~ $ cat /usr/lib/pkgconfig/lua.pc
# lua.pc -- pkg-config data for Lua

# vars from install Makefile

# grep '^V=' ../Makefile
V= 5.1
# grep '^R=' ../Makefile
R= 5.1.5

# grep '^INSTALL_.*=' ../Makefile | sed 's/INSTALL_TOP/prefix/'
prefix= /usr
INSTALL_BIN= ${prefix}/bin
INSTALL_INC= ${prefix}/include
INSTALL_LIB= ${prefix}/lib64
INSTALL_MAN= ${prefix}/man/man1
INSTALL_LMOD= ${prefix}/share/lua/${V}
INSTALL_CMOD= ${prefix}/lib64/lua/${V}

# canonical vars
exec_prefix=${prefix}
libdir=${exec_prefix}/lib64
includedir=${prefix}/include

Name: Lua
Version: ${R}
Requires:
Libs: -L${libdir} -llua -lm
Cflags: -I${includedir}

# (end of lua.pc)
zx2c4 at thinkpad ~ $ pkg-config --libs lua
-llua -lm

* Failing builds
@ 2014-01-20 12:14           ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2014-01-20 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

The test should no longer fail when Lua isn't compiled in. I've
commited these patches:

http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/commit/?id=6a1563343c48f9e38b85f39f4a95c89ea0f46a60
http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/commit/?id=f759cc0f08c195940de05d5394f7b1ad4d44365e