List for cgit developers and users
* mimetypes & about
@ 2015-08-17 12:41 Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-08-17 12:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Christian,

I've merged your series. Thanks a lot for that.

Also, I wound up rewriting the mimetype-from-file function to be a lot
more clear and less error prone:
http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/shared.c#n564

I also expanded the send-plain list to include video/:
http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/ui-summary.c#n108

I imagine at some point people will have various requests here, and
we'll wind up being convinced to add an option for this...

Jason

* mimetypes & about
@ 2015-08-17 13:00 ` list
From: list @ 2015-08-17 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Jason A. Donenfeld" <Jason at zx2c4.com> on Mon, 2015/08/17 14:41:
> Hi Christian,
>
> I've merged your series. Thanks a lot for that.

Thanks a lot!

> Also, I wound up rewriting the mimetype-from-file function to be a lot
> more clear and less error prone:
> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/shared.c#n564

Looks like that broke it for me... I will take a look at what goes wrong.

> I also expanded the send-plain list to include video/:
> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/ui-summary.c#n108
>
> I imagine at some point people will have various requests here, and
> we'll wind up being convinced to add an option for this...

Yes, 'application/pdf' comes to mind...

I have these categories in my mime types file:

$ cut -d/ -f1 < /etc/mime.types | sort | uniq -c
   1289 application
    213 audio
     54 chemical
     80 image
      6 inode
     21 message
     19 model
     14 multipart
    107 text
    112 video
      1 x-conference
      1 x-epoc
      1 x-world

Wondering whether or not it makes sense to invert the condition, e.g.
embedding text (and message? others?), sending everything else in plain mode.
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Chris           get my mail address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)
>> Also, I wound up rewriting the mimetype-from-file function to be a lot
>> more clear and less error prone:
>> http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/shared.c#n564
>
> Looks like that broke it for me... I will take a look at what goes wrong.

Sorry, I did some fast `push --force`s, thinking nobody would notice.
Whoops! Get the latest from the server and it'll work fine.

* mimetypes & about
@ 2015-08-17 13:02   ` list
From: list @ 2015-08-17 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christian Hesse <list at eworm.de> on Mon, 2015/08/17 15:00:
> > Also, I wound up rewriting the mimetype-from-file function to be a lot
> > more clear and less error prone:
> > http://git.zx2c4.com/cgit/tree/shared.c#n564
>
> Looks like that broke it for me... I will take a look at what goes wrong.

Ah, looks like you unbroke it yourself by updating a commit. :D
What was the change?
From: Jason @ 2015-08-17 13:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Forgot a !

* mimetypes & about
@ 2015-08-17 13:05       ` mailings
From: mailings @ 2015-08-17 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Seems you're happy with my jenkins :-)

push -f is rather evil, as you know.
There is no need to hide mistakes, and therefore no need to push -f
Everybody makes mistakes.

On 17/08/15 15:02, Jason A. Donenfeld wrote:
> Forgot a !

Ferry Huberts

* mimetypes & about
@ 2015-08-17 13:07         ` Jason
From: Jason @ 2015-08-17 13:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 3:05 PM, Ferry Huberts <mailings at hupie.com> wrote:
> Seems you're happy with my jenkins :-)

Man --- it's awesome, super cool.

> push -f is rather evil, as you know.
> There is no need to hide mistakes, and therefore no need to push -f
> Everybody makes mistakes.

Yea, I know. My fingers were just on speedy gonzalas mode.