Computer Old Farts Forum
From: jpl.jpl at gmail.com (John P. Linderman)
Subject: [COFF] Popular Programming languages over time
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 12:01:05 -0400	[thread overview]

I proofread an Ada book by Narain Gehani,
<https://www.amazon.com/ADA-Advanced-Introduction-Prentice-Hall-software/dp/0130039977>
colleague at the Labs. He had a nuclear reactor example with a sign error
in the cooling control, so if it started to overheat, it would overheat
faster. I *begged* him to leave the example untouched, as an example of why
just because something compiled didn't mean it was correct. He just
corrected the error, in my opinion, missing a valuable teaching moment.