Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] One of Graphic's Killer Bs, John Beatty has passed away
@ 2020-07-05 15:37 clemc
From: clemc @ 2020-07-05 15:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

The Internet's original graphics trio of "*Booth, Beatty, and Barsky*" (who
had been affectionately dubbed the graphics industries' "*Killer Bs*") lost
one for their greats minds and personalities this last week.  With great
sadden in my heart, I regret to inform you that John Beatty has passed
away. I was informed this AM by his partner is so many enterprises, Kelly
Booth, that John died peacefully in his sleep in the early morning on
Thursday, July 2, 2020.

When we look at the wonders of the Internet's growth in the use of computer
graphics, we view his legacy.  But more than that, John was a good friend of
many of us and, of course, we all miss him.

Kelly tells me that the obituary with further information is being prepared
by John’s sister, Jean Beatty, and well as others. We'll be sure to try to pass
on a copy (or a link if it is on the web) when it has been released.

Clem