Computer Old Farts Forum
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* [COFF] 1992 Gates, Dell, Joy, Dyson photo
@ 2021-08-03 16:32 Charles H Sauer
  2021-08-03 18:01 ` Clem Cole
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Charles H Sauer @ 2021-08-03 16:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: coff

Maybe not old enough for this list, but some might enjoy
https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/61001c736e3fe79457907f91/FO081721-128/0x0.gif

Caption: TECH TITANS WITH BABY FACES: (From left) At the 1992 PC Forum 
in Arizona, Bill Gates talks with a 27-year-old Dell and Sun 
Microsystems cofounder Bill Joy, while Prediction Company’s Doyne Farmer 
chats up influential tech newsletter editor and conference organizer 
Esther Dyson. ‎

Found in 
https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara/2021/08/03/deal-of-the-century-how-michael-dell-turned-his-declining-pc-business-into-40-billion-windfall/
-- 
voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer@technologists.com
fax: +1.512.346.5240         Web: https://technologists.com/sauer/
Facebook/Google/Skype/Twitter: CharlesHSauer
_______________________________________________
COFF mailing list
COFF@minnie.tuhs.org
https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [COFF] 1992 Gates, Dell, Joy, Dyson photo
  2021-08-03 16:32 [COFF] 1992 Gates, Dell, Joy, Dyson photo Charles H Sauer
@ 2021-08-03 18:01 ` Clem Cole
  2021-08-03 18:20   ` Marc Howard
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Clem Cole @ 2021-08-03 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charles H Sauer; +Cc: Computer Old Farts Followers


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1197 bytes --]

Frightening - I might not sleep for a while ;-)
ᐧ

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 12:54 PM Charles H Sauer <sauer@technologists.com>
wrote:

> Maybe not old enough for this list, but some might enjoy
>
> https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/61001c736e3fe79457907f91/FO081721-128/0x0.gif
>
> Caption: TECH TITANS WITH BABY FACES: (From left) At the 1992 PC Forum
> in Arizona, Bill Gates talks with a 27-year-old Dell and Sun
> Microsystems cofounder Bill Joy, while Prediction Company’s Doyne Farmer
> chats up influential tech newsletter editor and conference organizer
> Esther Dyson. ‎
>
> Found in
>
> https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara/2021/08/03/deal-of-the-century-how-michael-dell-turned-his-declining-pc-business-into-40-billion-windfall/
> --
> voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer@technologists.com
> fax: +1.512.346.5240         Web: https://technologists.com/sauer/
> Facebook/Google/Skype/Twitter
> <https://technologists.com/sauer/Facebook/Google/Skype/Twitter>:
> CharlesHSauer
> _______________________________________________
> COFF mailing list
> COFF@minnie.tuhs.org
> https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coff
>

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 2491 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 141 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
COFF mailing list
COFF@minnie.tuhs.org
https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* Re: [COFF] 1992 Gates, Dell, Joy, Dyson photo
  2021-08-03 18:01 ` Clem Cole
@ 2021-08-03 18:20   ` Marc Howard
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Marc Howard @ 2021-08-03 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Clem Cole; +Cc: Computer Old Farts Followers


[-- Attachment #1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 1509 bytes --]

Gates looks barely over a billion in that picture.

On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 11:01 AM Clem Cole <clemc@ccc.com> wrote:

> Frightening - I might not sleep for a while ;-)
> ᐧ
>
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2021 at 12:54 PM Charles H Sauer <sauer@technologists.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Maybe not old enough for this list, but some might enjoy
>>
>> https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/imageserve/61001c736e3fe79457907f91/FO081721-128/0x0.gif
>>
>> Caption: TECH TITANS WITH BABY FACES: (From left) At the 1992 PC Forum
>> in Arizona, Bill Gates talks with a 27-year-old Dell and Sun
>> Microsystems cofounder Bill Joy, while Prediction Company’s Doyne Farmer
>> chats up influential tech newsletter editor and conference organizer
>> Esther Dyson. ‎
>>
>> Found in
>>
>> https://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara/2021/08/03/deal-of-the-century-how-michael-dell-turned-his-declining-pc-business-into-40-billion-windfall/
>> --
>> voice: +1.512.784.7526       e-mail: sauer@technologists.com
>> fax: +1.512.346.5240         Web: https://technologists.com/sauer/
>> Facebook/Google/Skype/Twitter
>> <https://technologists.com/sauer/Facebook/Google/Skype/Twitter>:
>> CharlesHSauer
>> _______________________________________________
>> COFF mailing list
>> COFF@minnie.tuhs.org
>> https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coff
>>
> _______________________________________________
> COFF mailing list
> COFF@minnie.tuhs.org
> https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coff
>

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: text/html, Size: 3224 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #2: Type: text/plain, Size: 141 bytes --]

_______________________________________________
COFF mailing list
COFF@minnie.tuhs.org
https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/coff

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-08-03 18:20 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-08-03 16:32 [COFF] 1992 Gates, Dell, Joy, Dyson photo Charles H Sauer
2021-08-03 18:01 ` Clem Cole
2021-08-03 18:20   ` Marc Howard

Computer Old Farts Forum

This inbox may be cloned and mirrored by anyone:

	git clone --mirror https://inbox.vuxu.org/coff

	# If you have public-inbox 1.1+ installed, you may
	# initialize and index your mirror using the following commands:
	public-inbox-init -V1 coff coff/ https://inbox.vuxu.org/coff \
		coff@minnie.tuhs.org
	public-inbox-index coff

Example config snippet for mirrors.
Newsgroup available over NNTP:
	nntp://inbox.vuxu.org/vuxu.archive.coff


AGPL code for this site: git clone https://public-inbox.org/public-inbox.git