Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] Trove of Digital PDP Manuals, Tektronix Literature, OSU CompSci Historical Docs
@ 2022-12-22  0:50 segaloco via COFF
From: segaloco via COFF @ 2022-12-22  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: coff

Sharing because I can't justify this sort of purchase but perhaps someone is in with or knows someone who works at a museum or well-funded research outfit that might be keen on this sort of thing:

https://www.biblio.com/book/extraordinary-archive-original-house-publications-manuscripts/d/1507352423#gallery-1

Many books from OSU, lots of Digital literature for various PDPs, NBS reports, some Tektronix stuff, and a host of OSU-produced computing literature, plus more.  This came up while I was searching for UNIX docs but I don't actually see anything UNIX there besides a mention that the PDP-11 ran it.

There is no explicit mention of no cherry picking, so via contact the seller may be amenable to working on a subset.  Either way, figured this would pique the interest of a few folks around.

I also have to wonder if this bears any relation to my acquisition of the UNIX System V literature set this past year.  That was likewise sourced from OSU.  A professor who was retiring and mentioned oodles of old tech materials they were going to be auctioning off over the next few years, this very well could be from that same stash.

- Matt G.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-12-22  0:50 UTC | newest]