Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] Choice of time zone (was: In Memoriam: Edsger Dijkstra, and happy birthday Jon Postel!)
       [not found] ` <alpine.BSF.2.21.9999.1808071043450.19950@aneurin.horsfall.org>
@ 2018-08-07  1:28   ` grog
From: grog @ 2018-08-07  1:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tuesday,  7 August 2018 at 10:51:12 +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> ...; you won't believe the number of "history" sites I've seen that
> directly contradict each other (even when taking UTC/US/local time
> into account, and I try and use local time wherever possible).

To further confuse the issue?  With UTC we know where we are.

Greg
--
Sent from my desktop computer.
From: dave @ 2018-08-07  2:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 7 Aug 2018, Greg 'groggy' Lehey wrote:

>> into account, and I try and use local time wherever possible).
>
> To further confuse the issue?  With UTC we know where we are.

No; out of respect for the people who were actually there at the time
(hence America can be a day behind).

I'll give UTC some thought (which I use for space-related stuff anyway)
but for example I have no idea which American timezone is which (I only
know British i.e. UTC and Australian).

On the other hand, I may just stop posting historical stuff completely; I
don't really care either way, and I would really like to get back to
Amateur ("ham") radio and electronics in general.

-- Dave (VK2KFU)