Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] Eternal September
@ 2019-09-01  5:18 dave
From: dave @ 2019-09-01  5:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

'Twas back in 1993 when AOL joined USENET (I don't have an exact date) and the
joint was never the same since...

Me too!

These days, of course, it's been taken over by the spammer scum.

-- Dave

* [COFF] Eternal September
@ 2018-08-31 22:27 ` lm
From: lm @ 2018-08-31 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, Sep 01, 2018 at 08:24:26AM +1000, Dave Horsfall wrote:
> 'Twas back in 1993 when AOL joined USENET (I don't have an exact date) and
> the joint waa never the same since...

I remember being in a canoe with my dad telling him about Usenet.  I said
something like "It's super cool, Dad, it's all smart people.  They have
things divided up sort of like fields in a University.  So I can ask a
question specific to some field and by the next day I've got an answer
from a grad student or someone great in that field.  It's awesome, I
wish more people were on it."

Got my wish.  Wish I hadn't wished that.  I'm sorry, folks, it's all
my fault, such is my power :)

* [COFF] Eternal September
@ 2018-08-31 22:24 dave
From: dave @ 2018-08-31 22:24 UTC (permalink / raw)