Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] Draft Full BASIC Standard Circa September 15th, 1980 Scan?
@ 2024-05-21  4:55 segaloco via COFF
From: segaloco via COFF @ 2024-05-21  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: COFF

Good evening, I recently came into possession of a "Draft Proposed American National Standard for BASIC" circa September 15, 1980, 6 years prior to the publication of the Full BASIC standard.

I did some brief searching around, checked bitsavers, archive.org, but I don't happen to see this archived anywhere.  Is anyone aware of such a scan?  If not, I'll be sure to add it to my scan docket...which is a bit slow these days due to a beautiful spring and much gardening...but not forgotten!

Flipping through this makes me wonder how things might have been different if this dropped in 1980 rather than 1986.

- Matt G.

* [COFF] Re: Draft Full BASIC Standard Circa September 15th, 1980 Scan?
@ 2024-05-21  5:39 ` Dave Horsfall
From: Dave Horsfall @ 2024-05-21  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Computer Old Farts Followers

On Tue, 21 May 2024, segaloco via COFF wrote:

[...]

> Flipping through this makes me wonder how things might have been
> different if this dropped in 1980 rather than 1986.

Well, I taught myself BASIC way back in school, in 1970; of course, the
language has changed a bit since then...

-- Dave