Computer Old Farts Forum
* [COFF] [Simh] Of DEC and cards
@ 2020-02-13 19:57 jnc
From: jnc @ 2020-02-13 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

    > From: Clem Cole

    > I just don't remember seeing actual card readers or punches on the
    > PDP-11s

I'm not sure DEC _had_ a card punch for the PDP11's. Readers, yes, the CR11:

  https://gunkies.org/wiki/CR11_Card_Readers

but I don't think they had a punch (although there was one for the PDP-10
family, the CP10).

I think the CR11 must have been _relatively_ common, based on how many
readers and CR11 controller cards survive. Maybe not in computer science
installations, though... :-)

	Noel

[parent not found: <mailman.115.1581575952.971.simh@trailing-edge.com>]