* Unsatisfied with Gnus' message-resend
@ 2001-01-04 20:44 Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2001-01-04 20:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I'm unsatisfied with Gnus' capabilities to resend a message.  For
bounced messages there is 'S D b' that does a fine job by loading the
message in a *bounce* buffer and let me edit it like a newly composed
mail.

`message-resend' prompts me for new recipients in the minibuffer where
no BBDB will help me with complicated email addresses.  Wouldn't it be
more consistent and convenient to have 'message-resend' act like
sending a bounced message?

One could also think about a sort of template support, that uses the
article at the current point as a template if you say 'C-u m' or
'C-u a` f.e.  I'd love such a feature.

Cheers,
  Ray
--
Raymond Scholz - rscholz@zonix.de - PGP - http://www.zonix.de/

* Re: Unsatisfied with Gnus' message-resend
@ 2001-01-05  4:04 ` Chris D.Halverson
From: Chris D.Halverson @ 2001-01-05  4:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Raymond Scholz <ray-2001@zonix.de> writes:

> `message-resend' prompts me for new recipients in the minibuffer where
> no BBDB will help me with complicated email addresses.  Wouldn't it be
> more consistent and convenient to have 'message-resend' act like
> sending a bounced message?

I know "me too's" aren't that useful, but I've had this gripe many a
time too, yet, admittedly, never said anything about it. I would
_love_ to be able to access my BBDB/alias expansion when doing a
resend. Therefore, I would just like to say, "me too". Or something to
that effect.

cdh

--
Chris D. Halverson                         Complete Internet Solutions
PGP mail accepted, see web page for key    http://www.CompleteIS.com/~cdh/

* Re: Unsatisfied with Gnus' message-resend
@ 2001-01-05  5:13   ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2001-01-05  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Chris D.Halverson" <cdh@CompleteIS.com> writes:

> Raymond Scholz <ray-2001@zonix.de> writes:
>
> > `message-resend' prompts me for new recipients in the minibuffer where
> > no BBDB will help me with complicated email addresses.  Wouldn't it be
> > more consistent and convenient to have 'message-resend' act like
> > sending a bounced message?
>
> I know "me too's" aren't that useful, but I've had this gripe many a
> time too, yet, admittedly, never said anything about it. I would
> _love_ to be able to access my BBDB/alias expansion when doing a
> resend. Therefore, I would just like to say, "me too". Or something to
> that effect.

I've added a keymap for message-read-from-minibuffer in Oort Gnus
v0.01.  The following lines enable you to access your BBDB expansion
when doing a resend.

(require 'message)
(define-key message-minibuffer-local-map [(tab)] 'bbdb-complete-name)

ShengHuo

* Re: Unsatisfied with Gnus' message-resend
@ 2001-01-05 13:26     ` Raymond Scholz
From: Raymond Scholz @ 2001-01-05 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> schrieb:

> I've added a keymap for message-read-from-minibuffer in Oort Gnus
> v0.01.  The following lines enable you to access your BBDB expansion
> when doing a resend.
>
> (require 'message)
> (define-key message-minibuffer-local-map [(tab)] 'bbdb-complete-name)

Great!  It even works for multiple recipients.

Cheers,
  Ray
--
Raymond Scholz - rscholz@zonix.de - PGP - http://www.zonix.de/