From: Stainless Steel Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>
Subject: Re: User-Agent header: indicate system-type?
Date: 22 Oct 2001 16:22:28 -0400	[thread overview]

* Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)  on Mon, 22 Oct 2001
| If it is a problem, maybe it should be disabled for XEmacs-on-NT
| users?  I think you can see their OS.

A big black tarp is just as obvious as what it covers.  The OS should be
excluded by default for all released versions of Gnus.  At least that is my
rather extreme opinion.

| Also, if Netscape users don't have a problem with that...

Netscape is about the last benchmark I would use to measure Gnus'
performance.  The Communicator mail and news client is notorious for
breaking standards in ways that cause other things to break.  It is worse
than Outlook (scarey, huh).
--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ If Happy Fun Ball begins to smoke, get
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ away immediately. Seek shelter and cover