From: Frank Schmitt <Azzrael@rz-online.de>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: User-Agent header: indicate system-type?
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 23:20:32 +0200	[thread overview]

Hallo Simon Josefsson,

Am 23.10.2001 um 22:57 sagtest du:

>>Argh, it somehow kills my local newsserver. (He rejects the articles
>>with this header saying something like this: (it's in German, so I've
>>got to translate) "The list index is bigger than the maximum (-1)".
>>
>>I get the error with

>Huh?  I can't see anything wrong with the line when I look at the
>USEFOR article EBNF.  Does it complain if you replace "i586-pc-win32"
>with "xxxxxxxxxxxxx"?  Maybe it is the line width?

>Do you have source code to the news server?  Maybe you can have a look
>to see what the error really means.

Just had a short look. It seems that's a bug in the newsserver. I
posted it to the appropriate group and hope it's fixed soon. The only
thing which really amazes me is that I can send an article with the
same header from an other newsreader (xnews) without problems.

Well, let's see what the maintainers (of hamster) say.
--
MFG Frank (At the moment on a machine without proper programs and
hoping The Bat! won't produce to much bullshit. )