* How do I not send a mail to myself?
@ 1996-01-19  9:15 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-19  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Call me stupid, but I don't find a way of not sending a mail to myself
with followups (from mail groups).  As I use Gcc, this is not
necessary.  I think I remember at one time having set
rmail-dont-reply-to-names to nil to achieve this, but it is still nil
and I always have to delete my name from Cc.

tia,
        kai
--
   |      _,,,---,,_
   /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
  |,4-  ) )-,_..; (  `'-'
 '---''(_/--'  `-'_)  fL

* Re: How do I not send a mail to myself?
@ 1996-01-19 10:12 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-01-19 10:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

KG> Call me stupid, but I don't find a way of not sending a mail to myself
KG> with followups (from mail groups).  As I use Gcc, this is not
KG> necessary.  I think I remember at one time having set
KG> rmail-dont-reply-to-names to nil to achieve this, but it is still nil
KG> and I always have to delete my name from Cc.

Try to set it to something that matches your own name, instead of
just nil. Here is what I use:

rmail-dont-reply-to-names's value is "abraham@dina\\.kvl\\.dk\\|abraham@iesd\\.auc\\.dk\\|amanda@iesd\\.auc\\.dk"

Documentation:
*A regexp specifying names to prune of reply to messages.
A value of nil means exclude your own name only.