* gnus-single-article-buffer nil bug
@ 1996-02-03  0:05 Loren Schall
From: Loren Schall @ 1996-02-03  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've noticed a couple of peculiarities when gnus-single-article-buffer
is nil.  First, trying to save the current article (gnus-summary-save-
article-*, gnus-uu-decode-uu-and-save, etc) produces an error, unable to
select buffer "*Original Article <newsgroup>*".  Second, exiting Gnus
doesn't deleted the article buffers (maybe this is "the right thing",
I'm not sure).

On a related note, I'd like gnus-uu-decode-uu-and-save (and similar) to
be more quite.  I think I can figure out how to override it to get rid
of the prompt for filename, but I'm not sure how to make it not popup
the article buffer.  I generally run a full frame summary buffer, and
I'd drather gnus-uu-decode-uu-and-save didn't make the article buffer
visible.

Talking about full frame summary buffers, when I add gnus-pick-mode to
the gnus-summary-mode-hook as suggested in the Info page, I don't get
the pick key bindings.  (Pick does shows up as a minor-mode in the mode
line.  I don't understand.)

Loren Schall               voice: +1 602 436 5994   FAX: +1 602 436 5151
schall@saifr00.ateng.az.honeywell.com

PS  Just curious.  When I was first converting over to Gnus (from trn)
and still had KILL files, I looked for a way to turn off KILL files
processing because it was slow and (almost) completely useless now that
I had SCORE files.  I eventually ended up removing gnus-apply-kill-file
from the gnus-apply-kill-hook, but that's only a partial solution
because the keys for editting KILL files are still bound.  I would have
thought it would be easier to have Gnus completely stop using KILL
files.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-02-03  0:05 UTC | newest]